What To Do When Your Office Is In A Mess?
Your office is the place from where you earn your bread and butter. And if you are the owner of an office building or floor, you should pay as much attention to its cleanliness and orderliness as you would to your house.
Many owners ask their staff to tidy up before leaving, leading to much grouse, because they’re not hired to do cleaning jobs. This has a tremendous negative impact on performance and productivity, something which you can avoid by enlisting professional industrial cleaners or office cleaners
When choosing cleaning services, there are some things to keep in mind;
- Getting a rate quote: the commercial cleaning services do not come at rock bottom prices, but they’re not over the top as well. In the bargain, you don’t get your hands dirty. However, they have to make a point to stop at your office to inspect it in order to get an estimate of the work required to be done, because you can’t really describe a dirty office over the telephone. Services should include vacuuming, mopping the floors which are tiled or marbled, cleaning and dusting, as well as proper sanitization of the bathroom. Sometimes carpet cleaning is also thrown in, but at an additional price.
- Insurance proof: Insist on this so that you ensure that you’re not liable to pay damages if any personnel are injured or hurt while cleaning your office, it pays to know this information beforehand.
- The contract: Beware of companies that rush you through the fine print, licking their lips in anticipation of your signature. This is not a good sign and odds are that you are being tied into an agreement with them for a long period of time, during which, their services will invariably deteriorate. It is far better for you to go with a company that offers a short-term contract of say, three months or six, during which you’ll have ample time to size them up and ink a bigger deal if warranted.
- Experience: the company should have been in the business for some time, and its employees should all be experienced. If you find yourself stuck with two companies with the same services and rates, you can go for experience, always.
- Certifications: The cleaning company should possess all the requisite certificates and qualify based on international standards for office cleaning services, you should ask to see their credentials before assigning work.
- Company systems: A standard company will have systems in place for different functions which will ensure smooth functioning of different departments, like cleaning, supervision, reporting, logging, customer service and most importantly, management.
- Referrals: It helps if the company has been referred to by a known person as it gives you the peace of mind that they’ll do a good job.